Greetings, and welcome to my website.

My name is Diane Porter, and I am a Marriage Commissioner appointed by the Province of Alberta to perform civil wedding ceremonies. I would be privileged to perform your wedding ceremony.

I have conducted wedding ceremonies in a wide variety of venues from my living room to an open meadow. It would be a pleasure to help you have the wedding of your dreams. Special requests for your ceremony can be discussed and accommodated.

Your wedding day is a celebration of your love and commitment to each other. We will work together to create a wedding ceremony that reflects your respect for one another as well as your wishes for a loving and meaningful experience.

A Civil Marriage Ceremony tailored to your wishes:

I cater to large or small weddings keeping the moment special for you and your soon to be spouse.

I provide complete time flexibility, and am happy to offer my services morning afternoon or evening.

Whether your event is formal, or if you choose a casual setting I strive to make sure the wedding is perfect for you.

You have total choice of venue I am mobile, and happy to travel to where you are having your special day.

Points to know:

Prior to the marriage, couples must obtain an Alberta Marriage License from a Registry Office in the Province of Alberta. The license is valid for 90 days from date of issue. In order to obtain the license, both the bride and groom must be present and submit the following:

Proof of identification (e. g. Drivers License, passport, birth certificate)

Full name and birthplace of father

Full maiden name and birthplace of mother

If divorced, Final Divorce papers

Once documentation is in order, it is possible to be married on the same day the license is acquired.

Marriages performed in Alberta require two witnesses at least 18 years of age. It is not necessary that the witnesses have prior knowledge of the couple.

In Alberta, the person who performs a civil marriage ceremony is called a Marriage Commissioner. In other parts of the world, this person may be called a Celebrant, a Justice of the Peace, a JP or an Officiant.

For further information please visit the "Getting Married" section of the Service Alberta website.

Copyright © 2017 Diane G. Porter. – All Rights Reserved.

Web Design by: High-Country Web Design Okotoks Alberta.